Thursday, July 8, 2010

Southern Hospitality

Talk about southern hospitality!!
HUGE hugs and thanks to Jennifer at All That Glitters; she posted about me today!
Such a sweetheart, and a fellow hairspray addict (you know what they say...higher the hair, the closer to God! HA!)
So if anyone reading this has never been to her blog, DEFINITELY check it out...she's the junkin' queen!
Always finding good bargains everywhere she goes, and girl has style! I mean look at the blog name....hello?!?!
She had me at glitter.

Anyways, I figured I'd continue with the "southern hospitality" theme and give ya'll a little sneak peek into my bedroom.
Okay, maybe not so small as this is loaded with pictures, but let's get started!

So you've already seen my bed and my mass amounts of pillows....

Well, here's the wall next to my bed. Full of all kinds of junk: deer head, deer artwork, deer antlers, cuckoo clocks, leather art, ginormous mirror, and my BOOTS! (that's just some of them...)
The deer is from a Taxidermist friend of mine. It was his first one he did by himself when he was still learning how to mount them. He hated him and still tells me how awful it is, so of course I get the deer! And I love him and think he's wonderful....
Little story...I broke his antlers =\ Last time I was moving furniture, I had him hanging on another wall and was moving my desk and somehow ended up hitting the deer and he crashed to the floor and I just about died seeing some of those antlers broken. And ya'll I'm a terrible liar, I had to tell him because I KNEW he would notice.

I swear, I felt like Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City 2 when she's torn between telling or lying to Big about kissing an ex-boyfriend.
YES, that is the equivalent to what I was feeling. In fact, I think if that movie were re-written to be about Texas girls, dropping and breaking an animal mount would be the main plot twist.

Sooooooo I told him what I did...but fibbed a little. Told him he just fell on the floor and I didn't know what happened! He just fell! The wall must have pushed him!
This kid knows me too well though, he guessed immediately, "You were moving furniture weren't you? You hit the deer, he fell, YOU broke it."
Yes, it was all my stupid fault.
Luckily, he wasn't at all mad and just laughed at me. Big sigh of relief! But I know he will never let me live it down... ANYWAYS back to the pictures!

Printed and painted that onto an old piece of leather. One of my favorite things in my room.
Hello ouija board! This is obviously where I hold my weekly seances and exorcisms. Along with my millions of little deer friends. (I'm kidding of course....but not about the deer friends)


Old family photo blocks and a jar of antlers on my night stand; an old foldable crate.
So empty right now. I just don't know what else to put in there! My boots look so lonely....



Awful picture of my cabinet. Oh well. Now, inside the cabinet is where you REALLY see my deer obsession.....
I swear yall, I've got the 3 shelves FULL of just DEER. Obsessed much?! I just love them. I've been collecting them for several years now, and I've gotten where I don't have to find them anymore, but friends and family find and give them to me now too. (My mom bought me that shot glass! haha!)

My little "chandelier" I am not at all happy with it. And an embroidered picture given to me in Warrenton last fall
And of course..... a teeny tiny eensy weensy bit of my jewelry ;)
No, I'm not being sarcastic. This is for real just my everyday jewelry that I wear all the time. I've got two other walls FILLED with necklaces, and another container full of bracelets, earrings, and rings. I could seriously open up a jewelry store in here. (And a picture from Junk Prom fall '09!)

And that's all...for now! =)

4 comments:

  1. Look at all that beautiful jewelry!!!! See, they are not selling that style here in SC yet! I have one necklace similar to one of your but that's it! That's why I need my shop so I can bring TX to SC! ha! I love all your deer stuff! I must get me some painted boots! My dad is a artist I will have to see what he can come up with for me!

    Thank you too btw!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your pics.....I also have a couple of deer mounts! Now, my hubby is not a hunter, so we bought our deer mounts! First one came from an antique store and we named him Bucko! Then we bought another one at a garage sale and call him Bucko 2! One Christmas thought I would dress them up....so I got the ladder, climbed up and hung vintage rhinestone earrings on one along with a boa! When my hubby came home from work and saw my creativity at work, he said No way was he going to have a "gay deer"!i loved it...anyway, that is my deer story! Cathy aka Girls Gone Junkin

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!! Love everything.. esp the boots.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Love you site, the store, and all of your stuff!! I came over from All That Glitters, and it just so happens that I am from Central Texas, so next time I am going 35S I will be sure to stop by! I am soooo going to have to spray paint some mounts too!! I know my BF dad has some in his garage! LOL

    ReplyDelete