Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Story of Cupcake Charlie...and no it's not about revenge.

Just as the title says, this has nothing to do with getting revenge on anyone. I've had several people ask me if I did this to get back at a boyfriend who had dead animals hanging everywhere or something. No, I like collecting them actually, they're my pets just as much as Mikey, Marlin,Willy, and Roscoe. (My parrot, dog, and two cats...they're living though, not on a wall)
Anyways here's the real story...

Once upon a time in a magical place called Texas.....my friend's boss had some old animal mounts that were gross and moldy and covered in bugs and was throwing them out, so he did what any good friend would do....Give them all to me (minus the horns on one of them...but that guy is a whole 'nother story)

So here's the "before" picture, forgive me for the
crappy quality, I took it in his dark garage with my cell phone to send to my mom because I was so super excited about my new pets.
For real, this guy was a MESS. Josh was just going to throw him away if I didn't want him....BUT NOOOO WAY. I used two hairbrushes and a vaccuum to clean this guy up.
Josh was working on a deer mount that day so I got to pretend I was a taxidermist too. It was fun, just him and me and two dead animals in a garage. So romantic.

Then the fun part began.... I had some hot pink clothing dye in a spray bottle and went to work

The first couple coats of "spray" paint....and my pink toes!! haha





Then it was done....for then atleast.
And then, Charlie came home with me back to Rockport....and was introduced to my good friends-rhinestones and more paint.
Cupcakes on his horns, cupcakes around his neck and rhinestones on his eyelids and toes! Complete with a little pink heart nose and tiara! Now Charlie has been given a whole new life, and hangs happily with all the pink cupcakes and signs! I just love him.

And we all lived happily ever after!

1 comment:

  1. That is too cute and gross all at the same time!!! haha! Great now I need to be on the lookout for dead animals!!!

    ReplyDelete