Sunday, October 31, 2010

TURTLE POWER!

Happy Halloween everyone!!!!

This Halloween has been very profitable for us this year....

and it has nothing to do with the store...


Friday night the TOWN (Texas Outdoor Women's Network) had a big 80's Halloween party at Poor Man's Country Club here in Rockport.
Not happy with blending in the crowd of all the Madonna and Cyndi Lauper wannabes....we went as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
And we wont first place in the costume contest.....$200!

 Heather and I put these together in 2 days. Green Nike shirts with sewed on shell bellies (and painted!) 
Little green boyshorts (with TMNT patches to cover the brand of the boyshorts), Green tights, colored armbands and legbands, belts with sparkly initial buckles, and of course...sparkly green wristbands..gotta have a little bit of bling right?!

As for the whole "heroes in a half shell?"
Turkey pans.

 Not only did we get everything made and bought for the 4 turtles...but we also had Shredder and Splinter.


Talk about real sports, these guys were great. Crystal's husband (left) and Heather's (right) were so good and let us dress them up and I know they felt like total morons, but come on. We needed Shredder and Splinter!!!!
The party was a BLAST and we really got into character...

 Leonardo
 Raphael
 Donatello
and yours truly as Michelangelo.

Even Wayne and Garth from Wayne's World made an appearance...

I think I can officially say I have the coolest parents ever for coming to the party AND dressing up. 
And guess what!? THEY WON 2ND PLACE! Got $75...party on Wayne! Party on Garth!







 It's a really good feeling when you go to a costume party and NOT ONCE did we have to explain what we were dressed as.
 See? Happy happy Heather
Except poor Kyle as Splinter...not many people 'got' his costume...I guess we could have spent a little more time on his, but we were too focused on the turtles. Sorry buddy!
So we're thinking a ginormous steak dinner is what we'll use our money for....of course, I hope we can all agree to go in costume for that as well. 



5 comments:

  1. Y'all look great!!! Congrats on winnning!!! I think homemade costumes are the best!! We didn't get to make the tractor costume. Dang it maybe next year. Congrats on your parents winning too!!! I've been meaning to email you but my damn computer crashed and died. I got a laptop now. I'm moving up in the world! Woo hoo!

    Happy halloween!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like you guys had so much fun! Guess you had Rockport rockin'! Your parents costumes were hilarious! Way to go, Mom and Dad! Woo Hoo! Party on!

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Τhіs іѕ a tοpic ωhiсh is clοse tο my hеart.
    .. Thank уou! Eхactly where are your contact ԁеtailѕ though?


    Feel free to vіsit my blog: augenoperation

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the very good works guys I've incorporated you guys to my own blogroll.

    Also visit my blog post ... North Carolina virus removal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the costumes you girls made! Can I ask a huge favor...where did you find the leg bands and armbands & headbands? Ive been searching everywhere for something I could use....any help would be awesome! :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete