Friday, December 31, 2010

NO NOT THE ANTLERS!

As everyone knows it's a Christmas tradition for mamas to get a picture of them and their baby by the Christmas tree dressed in something the child absolutely hates. It's basically a rule, and you know it's one I would never break.

And let me tell you, my child HATED what I put on him.

"THEY ARE JUST ANTLERS, MARLIN. GET OVER IT.
MOMMY HAS A GINORMOUS BOW ON HER HEAD, IT WILL BE OKAY."

And like any other mama, I gave in and said "FINE! TAKE IT OFF I DON'T CARE JUST SMILE PLEASE I WANT A NICE PICTURE!!!"

 He's obviously still ticked at me for making him put those ridiculous things on his head, but these are the best I got. 


And one more so you can see my mom's awesome Christmas stuff. As Shannon, one of the ninja turtle girls, said "IT LOOKS LIKE WHOVILLE IN HERE!

Even though Marlin would have no part in my reindeer attire.....my nephew the polar bear was more than happy to play...with a little bribery of course.

Meet Mako.


Mako is my appropriately named nephew and he is a polar bear in a ginormous dog's body (these pictures make him look so small!)

It wasnt' really a bribe, it was actually a gift from Santy Paws

and boy did he love it.


 The happiest pup in the world. 
 If I had to sum up this pup with one picture, the above one would be it.

Happy New Year's from south Texas, ya'll.

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh.. the pups are so cute!!!! Smart to bribe the nephew with the big bone.
    I love the snow sign on the mantle.. hmmmm... I think I found a winter project.
    Have a great New year and be carefull out there tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know why they hate those antlers so much, Lizzy would not let me get her picutre either. My horse don't mind them though! Yours moms decorations are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all is well, and you had a Happy New Year! Love your pics....and your baby is sweet!
    Happy Junkin Girl....Cathy aka GGJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it wasn't enough that your blog is named Cupcakes & Pistols, but you blog about your puppy? I'm a new fan! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope 2011 is off to a great start, Kacie Leah!
    Have a happy new week xxx

    ReplyDelete