Thursday, June 2, 2011

This ain't yo daddy's taxidermy

"On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer and Vixen! Now Comet, on Cupid, on Donner and....Glitzen?!?!"


Okay, so maybe he's not really a reindeer (little fella can dream right?) but he's most definitely a deer with some major 'tude.

Here's the before picture: 

This little guy came to me as an orphan. Ripped of his horns and tossed to trash, of course I had to rescue him!!
He was self-conscious with the big holes on top of his head so I said "Hey, listen. We all used to have a great rack, but you compensate for it with big hair. Try on this wig- orange is totally your color."
Next thing I knew, he accessorizing with the biggest jewelry I had and showing up in fake lashes. Change your hair, change your life right?!

Anyways, there's a really big art festival here in July every year and prior to this there's a big gala with all these great auctions to benefit Rockport's Center for the Arts. They have one auction for one main artist, and they're able to display and auction off their work. Then there's one called the "theme" auction, where artists bring in items created with of course a theme and this year's theme is mirrors.
And that's when the Lady Gaga of deer mounts was born.









"Im on the right track baby, I was born this way!!!"
Two buckets of grout, a million mirrors, and an unidentified amount of tiny cuts on my hands and legs later----GLITZEN is ready for his big debut. 
Like his implants?! You wouldn't even know that rack ain't real huh?! Taxidermy with a splash of plastic surgery ya'll!

Glitzen is currently rooming in the back room at the Art Center, but will make his official debut at the Art Gala on July 1st, if you're interested in attending, or possibly even adoping Glitzen yourself 
more info on the event can be found HERE. 
The art festival will be July 2-3 and I believe all the pieces will be on display at the Art center during that weekend. I'll post more info if I'm wrong!!!!!!!!


9 comments:

  1. Girl.. you are to much!!! No wonder you been m.i.a.. you've been busy! Glitzen is going to be a star!
    Have a great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Glitzen kind of looks like a giraffe now : ) I love the lashes & think you did a great job with the makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I am going to do an old cow skull soon! Still waiting send a pair of boots to you soon! Promise I will get them to you.. being a poor college student, I am waiting for my summer job to kick in ;)! I am going to blog about you soon.. I am absolutely in love with your store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a deer head I could live with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love this!!!! You did such an amazing job on this I had to bid on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello--o-o-o- is anybody there-there-there!

    Hey girl! Just checking in to see if the hottest chick in Texas is around!

    I miss ya!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete